Naples


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
December 11th 2005
Published: December 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

personpersonperson

i felt sad at how terrified this person looked
Naples is a crazy city. I cant really write about the tourist sights in Naples, because we didnt go see any of them. Actually, I'm not even sure what people go there to see. This trip isnt about seeing the sights anyway. We happened to be there during the immaculate conception, and apparently its a holiday in Italy. Plus the christmas markets were in full swing so everyone and their dog was in the streets. But it was interesting, trying to make your way through the crush of people and traffic. Our hostel room had a balcony that was right above one of the market streets. It was cool to just look down on the chaos and see all of the people bartering and arguing.
From Naples we had a day trip out to pompeii. This site is definitely worth the ten euros it costs to get in. Its a lot bigger and more complex than i thought it was before going. I never thought that i would get lost in the ruins, but we did. I liked being able to actually walk through the town and go into the houses and buildings. Unfortunately the museum was closed, so we didnt really get to see the people frozen in ash. There were a few in the actual site, but not many. A word of advice...dont go to pompeii on a rainy day. Unfortunately for us, it rained the whole time we were there. By the time we got back on the train to go home we were drenched. My shoes were soggy and my jeans soaked up to the knees. But, it was worth the crappy weather. And! Wear good shoes. Its a lot of walking on uneven terrain.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.64s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb