This was for May 10th!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 10th 2008
Published: May 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

(this was meant for the 10th but internet was bad!)


So Sorry I haven't been able to upate! This is our first time to have internet that isn't 4 Euro per hour! Here has been our schedule so far:

Pre-Trip: May 02-May06: LONDON!
Day 1: Milan
Day 2: Milan --> day trip to como
Day 3: Milan --> Parma
Day 4: Parma
Day 5: Parma --> Mantova

Tomorrow we head off to Ferrara! (May 11)

So far everything has been absolutely beautiful. Almost every restaurant we have been able to speak English but try our best to speak in the little Italian we know.

Back tracking a little: Our trip started out a little rough. We missed our first flight to London and were stuck in one of the worst towns in Atlanta! Then, because the next flight didn't leave till 10:30 PM the next day, we luckily were able to spend time with one of the girl's on the trips Grandparents! We then stalled until we finally took off at 2:30 AM! It was a rough few days in the Atlanta airport. We finally made and it London was great! SoHo was full of gay night clubs and exciting clothing stores! We took the Big Bus Tour and saw the entire city including Big Ben, the London Bridge, Parliament, and so much more!

Our first day in Milan was fantastic! We had a group dinner (16 of us!) that the University paid for! We had about 6 courses and plenty of red wine.

The city of Como was absolutely beautiful. It has many narrow streets and beautiful old architecture. We measured the site around the Casa Del Fascio (originally the fascist headquarters but now a police station!). We also took a ride up a huge mountain and there was another city. We could see all of Como and it's beautiful river and after our 1 hike up hill took another 145 stairs up an incredible lighthouse!

Milan is where we saw one of the most amazing cathedrals I have ever witnessed, it didn't seem real! We climbed up the outside the to the very top and there were tourists all over the roof! It took over 500 years to built and it seems like they are still working on it!

Will write soon! CIAO!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb