ROMA!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 19th 2008
Published: May 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello All!

Sorry for such a lack of dedication to the blog! Ill get better!

quick update:

May 11 Ferrara: We celebrated one of our classmate Les 21st bday and one of the boys drank so much wine he fell asleep at the dinner table and we left him! He found us outside the window laughing! The next day we measured Piazzas and then traveled to Ravenna.

May 12 Ravenna: Cant remember! Terrible I know.

May 13 Rimini: We stayed at hotel Jammin! Oh yes, all our hostels and hotels have had American names... Hotel the Best, Hotel ABC, Hostel Jammin, Hostel Freedom Traveler! Very funny. In Rimini we didnt do much work but went swimming instead! Oops.

May 14 Urbino (Ancona night): Urbino is a beautiful city high up on a huge mountain. All the cities here have cobble stone and tons of Gelati shops! We spent the day measuring the streets and saw Raphaels house (just the outside which looked like all the rest!) and got a nice tan.

May 15 Perugia to Roma! Perugia also is at the top of a hill/mountain and there is an escalator that takes you to the top but we missed the entrance! It was quite the work out. We only stayed for 4 hours so we didnt get to see too much. I had a wonderful meeting with my professor and she actually teared up at one of my photo composistions! You will all get to see when i get home or if I ever get pictures loaded!

May 15-May25 ROMA! Now we are finally settled in Rome! And I now also have my first stye! 😞. I finally got eye drops from the Farmacia and think its helping. We spent all day yesterday walking around rome seeing The Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Trajans column, the Camidoglio, and the Roman Forum. today we might venture to Circus Maximus and The Colliseum! It is all huge and beautiful, even if in ruins. Yesterday we also saw this one outdoor area (ill have to get the name later) where Cleopatra brought cats for Caesar who was actually allergic and there were about 30 cats roaming around! (dont worry, i took pictures!).

Today will be more measuring and work and hopefully the post office! More to come.

CIAO!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb