Cinque Terra & Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 4th 2008
Published: May 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

M&LM&LM&L

Boat at Cinque Terra
Just a few days in Cinque Terra, but it was worth the trip, 3 hours on a train from Nice. Each day we visited a few of the five different towns that make up the Cinque Terra. You can walk an hour or two between the villages or take the train or the boat. Each town has it's own charm, pastel coloured houses built over the cliffs, narrow allies crammed with shops and bright coloured boats. We ate lots of seafood, gelati, great cappuchinos and cakes (should have done more walking!). It is a little overloved by the many tourists but it is charming.
Next a four hour train trip to Rome. It was difficult to find accommodation during an Italian holiday long weekend, I think the whole of the country is here. I have never seen so many people, we had to throw our coins into the trevi fountain over the heads of a few thousand people! It is an amazing city, every few minutes you come across something surprising: historic ruins, grand buildings, fountains, piazzas, pizza, beautiful women, crazy taxi drivers and a million tourists. We have walked for miles and have really enjoyed our visit here.
Tomorrow we head off home, thanks for the emails back from the blog, I have enjoyed sharing the trip with you all, see you soon, love leonie



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

MarkMark
Mark

Walks between towns


Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb