More Stuff


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
April 27th 2008
Published: April 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We’re finally on the ship. After a hectic three days in Rome, a city that I fell in love with, it’s nice to relax a little bit. The weather is turning out to be beautiful. Not as warm as I thought, but still I don’t need a jacket.

The Vatican was incredible. For me the highlight of the Vatican tour was seeing the Sistine Chapel. No words can describe how I felt. I did not realize the museum was so, so big. We walked for four hours and only saw half of it.

The Castel Sant Angelo was something much larger than I expected. The tunnels and passageways were extremely small, but fun to walk through.

The food in Rome is unbelievably good. At the pizza stands, holes in the wall, the pizza was incredible. The restaurants were nicely decorated and the food was always good. I don’t think you could find a bad meal in the neighbourhood we stayed in. There is also gelato (ice cream) everywhere in Rome. We stopped for this several times. Good stuff, and lots of different flavours.

When in Rome, do not attempt to drive. The roads are narrow and everyone is crazy. They drive their cars where we would not put a bike.

Bill


Bonjour, c’est Liam. Je suis sure la bateau. Aujourd’hui je va a la Adventure Ocean. C’est une club pour les enfants. Il fait un peu froid aujourd’hui. Le temp est 18° centigrade.

Liam

Two days ago, we visited the Vatican. That is where the Pope lives. Inside the Vatican you could not take pictures with the flash inside the museum, but you could in St. Peters Basilica. We had a guide named Nicki who was so fun that the adults did not have to look after the kids, we just hung with her. We were really tired after the Vatican because we walked for about 2.5 miles. Then we went to the hotel and relaxed for about 2 hours and then we went and got supper.

Next day we got up early and went to the Roman Forum and the Colisseum. The Roman Forum is the place where Julius Ceasar was taken. He was not supposed to be burned there, but when Marc Anthony made a speech everyone took off their shirts and lit them on fire and burned Ceasars body there. The Roman Forum was also the place in Ancient Rome where people went for money exchange and trading.

The Colisseum was kind of in ruins. I found it a little boring, but had there been Gladiators and animals fighting it would have been more interesting.

Then we went back to the hotel and got our ride to the ship.


Liam, again


Advertisement



27th April 2008

Je suis contente d'avoir vu ton message en français. Est-ce que tu as du utiliser ton français pendant ton voyage? Raconte-nous ce que tu as fait au club pour les enfants. Mme
27th April 2008

Picture and questions
Hi everyone, we have not heard from everyone giving us their opinion. Tyler, why the sad looking face? Did you get to go inside the church with all the monk's skulls? Tyler you should tell us something in a blog. Great photo! We miss you. On the way home last night from the Dante Club party it was snowing and is snowing lightly right now as I type this. Just thought you might like to know this and maybe it will not seem as cool for you at 18 C. Have a great time. One other thing how are the other two families enjoying this, their first cruise. Is everyone still on talking terms? ha! ha! Fourteen pound Rupert misses you all. Love Poppa and Nana
28th April 2008

whats up with ty??
your son does not look happy!hope you guys are having fun.add more pictures,miss you's see you when you get home xoxox

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb