Spaghetti and Meatballs


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
February 13th 2008
Published: February 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Pisa ... Florence ... Modena ... and Venice!

After Rome, we headed to Pisa where the leaning tower really is leaning. In Florence we saw the statue of David ... he is ginormous but a bit over rated. From Florence we headed to Modena to see the ferrari gallery. Trevor was in his glory ... both he and Jesus (the Mexican we picked up in Athens) were drooling all over the place and could hardly contain their excitement! It was pretty funny. We tried to get into the factory, but they no longer give tours to commoners ... unless of course you are planning to buy one of their beauties and when we told them that was our exact intention, the man looked us funny and started to laugh. Humpf! Our last stop was in Venice ... and Venice is EXACTLY what you are picturing in your head! Canals galore ... but no gondola ride for Trevor and Kristena because the sensible (cheap?) backpackers in us thought 80 Euros for 30 min was a little unreasonable!!!

We had these great ideas of what the country would be like ... and had always heard that Europe was "chic and sophisticated"
Gondola Again Gondola Again Gondola Again

... we couldn't get enough! ;)
... but did not feel like Italy delivered. Things were unbelievably priced ... to the point of it just being plain unreasonable and we lost our patience with that quite a few times. Just stupid stuff ... like 8 Euros for an hour on the net, 10 Euros for a big gellato cone, 3 Euros for a whimpy little expresso, 17 Euros for a load of laundry ... $%&ยง !!!! They even milk the tourists on CD burning ... even if you go in with your own CD ... they charge about 5 Euros for them to burn it. We had to pay to use the USB ports!! ARRGGHHH!!! And the country is pretty dirty in places. Soooo we were paying crazy European prices but did not exactlly feel like we were getting the fantastic European experience. It tainted our exprience there quite a bit and we doubt we will go back.

Next stop ... France!

Happy Travels!
T and K


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

PisaPisa
Pisa

Italy is JUST like we imagined it would be!
Pisa!Pisa!
Pisa!

Enroute to El Tower
Eating Yogurt With a BananaEating Yogurt With a Banana
Eating Yogurt With a Banana

This is what happens when you forget your spoon.
Tourist Photos!!!Tourist Photos!!!
Tourist Photos!!!

... you wouldn't believe how many people were taking this exact photo while we were there ... ;)
DavidDavid
David

... Not quite as impressive as we had hoped ... but still 6 meters tall! (and gaurded by crazy Italian ladies yelling ''no photos!)
In Some Museum ...In Some Museum ...
In Some Museum ...

which we thought had da Vinci's and Michelangelo's ... turned out we entered the wrong one!
Peeping TomPeeping Tom
Peeping Tom

... What a creeper that guy Trevor is!
''Lady in Red..."''Lady in Red..."
''Lady in Red..."

or pink ... even her hair bows (yes she was wearing hair bows) were pink!
Ferrari Factory!!!Ferrari Factory!!!
Ferrari Factory!!!

No Description Necessary
Ferrari FactoryFerrari Factory
Ferrari Factory

... turns out it's not open to the public anymore - even if you try to persuade the guy that you plan to buy a Ferrari!
Venice!!!!!Venice!!!!!
Venice!!!!!

Whooooo Hooooo!!!!
Gondola's and a ChurchGondola's and a Church
Gondola's and a Church

What church, that we don't know!


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb