Amalfi coast


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
November 8th 2007
Published: November 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 19

9a.m and Renatos sitting outside and we are off to the Amalfi coast. First stop is Positano. Some of the best views of the coast and the ocean you can imagine. Got to spend some time wandering through Positano,down to the ocean and watched the boats being brought in for the season. Lots of the stores where starting to close for the season. Back down the coast and off to Amalfi. Renato showed us Sophia Lorens spring home right on the coast and the home of Gore Vidal,which George Clooney tried to buy last year but the Mayor wouldnt allow it as he said there would be to many Paperotizzi.Amalfi was also a beautiful place and walked around there but it was also all closing down. We got the chance to stop at a ceramics factory to see how all of there product was made and designed. A little costly for our blood but some very nice stuff. Then off tho Ravello for lunch to a little restuarant Renato our driver reccomends. I think he must work on commission, ok but a little pricey. Though the lady how was the cook reminded me of Ardos mom. She came out and offered me seconds and when I said no she said 'what you no like my cooking''?. We then went to villa which is now a conservatory. What a great and eerie place,should hold halloween parties there as I scared the crap out of Laura. Some beautiful views and some spectacular homes on the ocean. On the way out we found a small ceramics shop and did not get away empty handed. Now back to Sorrento and we have to buy an extra suitcase as it seems we no longer have enough room.
Off to dinner and what seemed like was a nice choice because the place was packed was not. When we entered it was like walking into a wild west saloon as the music was like that from Gunsmoke, when it started with the theme from The Godfather we new we where in trouble. Everything we that was fresh frozen. When we saw our neighbours from the bed and breakfast Lissa was in the window warning them. They just thought we didnt want them to join us for dinner.Good thing they listened. To bout they charged and extra 3% for the credit card. Worst dinner of the trip but it was bound to happen. Tomorrow is moving day again last stop Rome

caio for now ron and lissa

wine count 43

Advertisement



Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb