Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
November 8th 2007
Published: November 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Trevi FountainTrevi FountainTrevi Fountain

This is the famous Trevi Fountain in Rome.
We arrived in Rome on Wednesday afternoon. We're staying at the Hotel Sonya, near central Rome and the Opera House. After getting settled in, we decided to go for a walk. We went in and out of various streets, different piazzas, and then finally we stop for dinner at Bibo's. Great restaurant with home cooking. You must try the Calzone!!!

After dinner we called it a night. Bottle 41....

Today is our full day in Rome and we woke up bright and early to head out for the Colliseum and the Forum. The Colliseum is amazing. We spent about 2 hours there wandering around. It's easy to see how life could have been way back then....

After that we walked over to the Forum and the Palenstine Hills. We ended up exploring the ruins for at least 3 hours. The place is hard to desribe so, hopefully the pictures will give it justice.

After the main attractions, we walked over to the jewish quarters. Very interesting neighborhood. All the kids were out in the street on a school break, and the old men were chatting in the square. We found a great place for some gelato (ice
PatheonPatheonPatheon

This is the famous Patheon in Rome. Absolutely beautiful.
cream) and sat by a fountain watching the crowds.

Then we strolled some more and came across a sqaure that had just finished a daily market. Sat and had a nice Pinot while we observed the city of Rome cleaning up. After that, we didn't walk to far to find another square that had artists and musicians entertaining the crowds. There was this one guy who played an awesome guitar....Led Zepplin to Santana. We found a restaurant close by and had a great meal.
Now we're back at the hotel.....exhausted and blogging. Tomorrow Dan and I are headed for the Vatican. I should have more to say for the blog. Ciao for now. BTW/ bottle 43.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

PinnochioPinnochio
Pinnochio

Dan enjoying a visit with the little wooden boy.
ColliseumColliseum
Colliseum

Ron, Lissa & Dan looking at the Colliseum. Amazing.
The Palestine HillsThe Palestine Hills
The Palestine Hills

Laura standing on the Palestine Hills.


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb