The Absolute Best Places to Visit in Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
December 24th 2022
Published: December 24th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Italy is known for being rich in history, culture, and natural beauty, making it a bucket list destination for travelers from all over the world.

From the impressive ancient ruins of the capital Rome to the charming coastal towns of the Amalfi Coast, this beautiful country has many unique places to discover.

In this blog post, I will list some of the best places to visit in Italy, so you can plan a fantastic trip to this stunning destination!

Rome




Rome is the capital of Italy and a must-see destination for any traveler visiting the country. The city is home to many incredible ancient ruins, including the Colosseum, the Pantheon, and the Roman Forum, which offer a peek into its rich history.

In addition to its many historical landmarks, Rome is also famous for its incredible churches and art, including the Sistine Chapel and the Trevi Fountain. And of course, no trip to Rome would be complete without sampling some tasty Italian dishes, including pasta, pizza, and lasagna.

Florence




Located in the central part of Italy, the city of Florence is most famous for its art and architecture. It is home to many famous works of art, including Michelangelo's David and many famous paintings which you can see in the Uffizi Gallery. But art is not the only reason why Florence is worth a visit , as it's also known for its impressive churches and palaces, which include the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and the Palazzo della Signoria. No matter if you choose to spend one day in Florence or a week, you'll definitely return with great memories.

I also recommend spending one day in Pisa as a day trip from Florence if you have the time. The Leaning Tower is definitely worth the trip!

Venice




Arguably one of the most famous destinations in the world, Venice is built on a series of islands and has many canals (instead of streets), which are navigated by traditional gondolas and vaporettos. Some of the must-see landmarks in Venice include the Basilica di San Marco, the Doge's Palace, and the Rialto Bridge.

Amalfi Coast




Located in southern Italy, the Amalfi Coast almost needs no introduction. This area is well-known for its picture-perfect towns and villages, beautiful beaches and spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea. Some of the best towns to visit on the Amalfi Coast include Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello.

Tuscany



Tuscany is a region in central Italy famous for its rolling hills, vineyards, and picturesque towns and villages. Some of the best destinations to see in Tuscany include the cities of Florence, Sienna and Pisa with its Leaning Tower, as well as the towns of San Gimignano and Cortona.

Cinque Terre



Cinque Terre refers to 5 small, picturesque and colorful villages (called Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore) on Italy's Ligurian coast. The region of Cinque Terre is known for its hiking trails and stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea.

Lake Como



Lake Como is a stunning destination, as its blue waters are surrounded by tall mountains and picturesque towns and villages. It is a popular destination for nature lovers (for hiking, cycling, and boating), as well as for history buffs and culture enthusiasts.



There are so many amazing places to see in Italy that this list only scratches the surface. No matter where you choose to travel, you are certain to be surrounded by exquisite art, delicious cuisine, and a lot of history and culture.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb