Where tho art is Romeo?


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Verona
May 20th 2008
Published: May 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ciao bellas!

When I last wrote, I was in La Spazia, which is where we based ourselves to visit Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre is 5 little fishing villages with brightly coloured houses (we counted the most of 11 different colour houses) built on the rocky coastlines in the northern part of Italy. It was a full on day for us, starting at 7.30am and returning home at 9.30pm but thought it will be some time before we head back... It was great to be able to see the sunshine rise over the hills, light up the houses in the first town and see it all come to light. The water was just amazing - so blue and clear.

You can walk between the towns or if you're just plain lazy then you can train it. It takes 5 hours to walk between the 1st and 5th town if you wish to do the whole lot. We had planned to walk the whole lot but we only managed to do 3 towns before getting caught in torrential rain, where we had to shelter under a tunnel in order to stay semi-dry.

It was at this town that Pete, Emma and I visited an old church (located at the top of a hill over looking the whole region). As we entered the empty church, you had the sounds of the monks (chanting from the room next door) just embrace you which was pretty amazing. After that, we visited what is meant to be the prettiest town of them all, but we were all a bit too tired and wet to enjoy it. It was here that Pete and I had one of the best pizzas I've had in years. It was just a simple pizza with ham, cheese and mushrooms but it was 33" round. I have a photo to prove it but have to wait to download pics.

After Cinque Terre, we went to Lake Garda (rain too hard but sure it was beautiful) and checked out Verona, where we saw the Juliette's balcony and had a quick wander round in the rain.

I am now off in search of my Romeo. We're off to visit Venice tomorrow!

Brooke x

Advertisement



16th June 2008

Cinque Terre is the best!
I told you, you would love it - just a bugger about the rain!!! I was there when it was hot and sunny - it was so lush! Hope you didnt forget to rub juliette's left breast for luck! that was the advice when i was there 3 years ago! lets just say one was much more shinner then the other!!! Ciao!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb