Shop for Food like a Venetian - Rialto Markets


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
August 20th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.4345, 12.3384

Today we decided to try our luck at shopping like the Venetians do at the Rialto market. We headed out fairly early and of course the walk there was an adventure all in itself. The Venetians have their rolling shopping bag and they go from stall to stall buying what they need.

Everything looked so beautiful. Food as art I would say. The fruits and vegetables were all arranged so catch your eye. The man behind the counter would either help you pick out your produce or in some instances you could pick out your own. They would weigh it and you paid and then, on to the next stall. Don't think there are any GMO's at the marketplace so the fruits and vegetables has a great taste; especially the tomatoes!

Along the edges of the fruit, vegetable markets are the cheese, meat and bread vendors. Everything looked so fresh and beautiful. The fish market took up the end of the market and spilled over into a side market. There were some fish, and other seafood that was unfamiliar to me but was so very interesting.

Decided to buy ourselves some shrimp and fix an shrimp alfredo with fresh pasta. The Rialto market only runs in the morning and so was a very busy place. We went to the Rialto market twice buying veggies and shrimp and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.




Additional photos below
Photos: 75, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1118s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb