Our Day in Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
June 26th 2014
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.4345, 12.3384

Debarkation went very smoothly today. We simply walked off the ship, picked up our bags and walked out of the terminal. The walk to the People Mover wasn't too bad and neither was the walk from the People Mover to the hotel.

After we checked in and left our bags, we walked around for a while before heading back to the hotel to catch a water taxi to Murano Island. We wanted to walk around that island for a little while this morning. We ended up spending a few hours then and decided to have lunch as a sidewalk trattoria. Murano is known for its glass blowing craftsman.

We then caught a Vaperetto (water bus) to take us to Burano Island which is another island nearby Venice and Murano and it is known for fishing and lacemaking. We walked around this island for a while before getting on another Vaperetto to take us back to Venice and San Marco Square.

We grabbed an ice cream and wandered around the square looking at things we had not seen yesterday because of the rain.

Then, we decided to walk back to our hotel. San Marco Square is about a 30 minute walk from our hotel through the cool winding streets and canals of Venice. We took a short break in our rooms and reorganized our luggage to get it ready for the airline requirements.

We then went out for dinner at another sidewalk trattoria and then grabbed another ice cream before heading back to the hotel to call it a night. Nikki and I did go out for a walk after dark so we could see the streets of Venice after the sun went down.Tomorrow is going to be a long day. We have a 10.5 hour flight to Atlanta, followed by a 2 hour layover and then a 4 hour flight to Salt Lake.

This has been a great trip and we are both happy and sad to see it end.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb