Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
May 22nd 2005
Published: May 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Holy crap, taking night trains that only last about 4 or 5 hours is not a very good idea. We could't reserve a direct train to Venice from Munich, so we had to change trains in Verona at 5 am, and got into Venice at 8 or so. The hostel we are staying it is very nice: we each get our own bed (no bunks), we have a private bathroom and its very close to the train station and in a square with some small vendors and good restaurants. Originally when I called about it, they said I had to email them my credit card number along with the rest of the details of the reservation, but I refused and hoped we would still get the room despite not sending that email to them, and it all turned out perfect.

Everyone kind of did there own thing today, Amanda and I walked around aimlessly for a few hours before we all met up in San Marco's Square. Unlike most cities with buses or trams or subway trains, Venice has no roads, only canals, so the best way to get around are taking boats, so we got a day pass for those and just rode those around for fun seeing the island instead of taking expensive gondola rides (and a good way to get from one place to another).

We just ate at a pizza place and will walk around some more tonight seeing what the night life in Venice is like. Tomorrow we leave for Florence for 2 days.

Advertisement



22nd May 2005

Holt crap! it sounds like your having a great time, lot's of beer in germany and i suppose you will switch to wine in italy and france then back to beer in the pubs in england. Enjoy! - cate

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb