Day 33


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
June 20th 2015
Published: June 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Last day in Venice and we awake to cruise ships entering the port as we see many of these huge vessels come and go each day. They are all different shapes and sizes and are a grand site from our hotel window.

We think there is about eight in port at the moment, and notice the increase in street congestion when the thousands of people embark daily.

Today we head up the tower in San Marco Square for a birds eye view of the city.

We are up there mucking around and one of the four big bells starts to ring, bloody loud when you are next to them.

Walking back into the laneways, we discover a laundrette close by, so we catch up on the washing.

While waiting we try some Italian tapas for lunch, washed down with the local drink Aperol Sprizt basically prossecco and fruit.

After lunch we stroll around looking for an extra bag, as Michelle can't fit the extra stuff she is buying into her original suitcase. Lol

Then we go and have a pedicure with the sucker fish, as we had seen our American friends do. Very weird experience.

After our last Italian meal, we spent a few hours in San Marco square, going from one classical band to the next again.

It was great.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb