Last day or so in Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
May 12th 2005
Published: May 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

As if the italians need more time off, theres a train strike tomorrow so apparently most train service will be delayed. Right now im in a campsite about 30 mins outside of venice called Camping Fusina, its a nice break from hostels. Im actually traveling with someone I met in Cinque terre which was awesome. The first nice we got a few bottles of wine and just watched the sunset over the water. There was no crazy nightlife or anything so it was jsut pretty chill all the way around. Someone I met in florence and cinque terre recommended this campsite because its where all the contiki tours stop so theres quite a nightlife here. Theyre mostly aussies...shocker. But actually theyre pretty cool and its been a good time. Today I left venice for a town in the Dolomite mountains but its seemed so boring i hopped on a train back here to the campsite because that guy Austin extended his stay here for a night or two so idecided to come back. I thought that place was gonna be awesome but there was nothing too it..quite disappointing. Actually venice was kinda disappointing as well, im glad i didnt shell out €25 for a hostel there, this campsite is only €13/night and pretty much a free bus in. Youre supposed to pay but they never check so no one does, at least i dont and it seems like the only people validating their tickets are tourists.

As for my next stop im thinking switzerland, this city called interlaken is up in the alps and one of the most popular backpacking stops in europe, tons of partying too...sweet. I think it costs about €65 for the ticket which isnt too bad, im gonna see whats going on with this strike tomorrow then i guess call hostels and see if they have any room.

I think Austin is heading to croatia tomorrow but i might ask if he wants to come to interlaken with me...we'll see.

Well my times gonna run out in a few and i have a few more things to check so ill talk to you guys soon...

ciao



Advertisement



12th May 2005

As if the italians need more time off...
Exactly what did you mean to imply with your comment "As if the italians need more time off..." As a prominent member of the Italian-American Society I must unfortunately take umbrage at your comment (and I think even challenge you to a duel, though I am not absolutely certain) in order to defend all of our members...which btw, include your Grandmother!! Don't apologize...just don't let it happen again... Love from all us here that you left behind...Dad - Dad

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb