Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
October 9th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What role do women play in Italy's society? Do they have equality? If not, what discrimination do women in Italy face?

Before in Italy's society, the role that was played by women was that they would mainly be the ones that work at their homes and just raise their children. The men would be going off to work to earn money for the family. The women before didn't have much say or many rights. Now in Italy's society, the women have more rights and they are able to have more employment options available to them. The thing that allow women to have more rights were the social movements.



http://www.gwi-boell.de/web/eu-countries-comparison-gender-politics-country-comparison-italy-4305.html



Now in Italy's society, the women have more rights when compared to the past rights that the women had. The women are now treated equally in its society due to the social movements that were held. They now have the right to choose whether or not they would like to go to work or if they would just prefer to remain at home and do the traditional things. Women now are looked down upon as much as before and they are able to get more employment options because of this.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb