Venice, an escape from real life !


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
February 8th 2011
Published: June 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Venice, just the name tell you something.

Maybe you already went there, or you want to go there, or...well, you understand me !

At first, when you arrive at the last place where you'll see cars, bus...you have a bus stop, and let's go for the magic surprise !

The bus stop is in fact a boat stop, of course there is no roads in Venice, just the canals. So, take a boat, and let's go for the ride !

We didn't take it, we just wanted to walk in the very thin roads and find our hostel by losing us! Yes, like everytime ! I recommend you for good, to do the same! You'll see 100 more things than in boat.

The roads and buildings are amazing, you are definitively in another time! And, of course, you won't meet cars, trucks, or even bikes.

About the prices, forget what you thought about it (I think ?), because it's way cheaper than everything we hear about! A piece of pizza is really big and cost around 2€, and an entire pizza (huge!) cost only 5€ ! That's for 2 persons.

Another italian speciality : ice cream ! It cost between 1 and 1,5€, and a single scoop size double the european size! You'll find everywhere ice cream shops and they all have a lot of differents flavours !

You have few supermarket (small), you'll find different things that you can need, and for example bread and differents cooked meats, ham...if you want to make sandwiches, that's for cheaper solutions ! That's what we did ! 😉 But we (of course!) took pizza and ice creams !

You can take the boat to go to the different islands around the principal, you really have to go to Murano, Burano, and Torcello ! This islands are wonderful, the beauty of the Murano's glass ! It's really expensive, too bad... The price for half-day in boat cost 16€, that's very expensive, yes...Fortunately, you could save money on food !!

The "Piazza san marco" is gorgeous, but always full..

The entrance for the basilica is free, but if you want to see its museum you have to pay.

The entrance for the doge's palace is very expensive, we didn't go there...If you can, do it, it seems that it's worth it.



Don't hesitate to take different boats, go on the islands, alternate canals to make the whole perimeter, when the sun is going down, it's just wonderful !


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb