Boating around Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
July 30th 2006
Published: July 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at our camp site near Venice after a six hour journey from Croatia, we left at 7am to avoid the queues at the Croatian border but then got stuck at the toll for Venice for 2 hours.

We got set up and then it was off to the pool to cool down. Later as we were about to have dinner it suddenly went extremely dark, then windy, then rain, then a power cut, then the thunder and lightening came. Our gazebo would have been blown away if we hadn't been outside in the p**s**g rain holding onto it. It was more like a mini hurricane with some branches falling off trees. It cooled us down for the evening anyway.

The next morning it was lovely and sunny so we headed for Venice. The camp site has its own buses that take you direct to the main bus station next to the Grand Canal. We bought a 24 hour ticket to use the water buses for €12 and headed off around the city. Six hours later Pete was bored and fed up so we headed back. We saw all the major attractions including Pete feeding the pidgeons in St Mark's Square.

Today is just a day of chilling by the pool


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



1st August 2006

oakham
we stayed at a great hotel on rutland water all facilities were free to use including leisure centre. think we will go back without nan.the pictures of you both show how well you look only 30 days to go . then back to getting back to being a grown up.

Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb