French Riviera to Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
July 20th 2011
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


French Riviera to Venice



We said ‘Aurevoir’ to the French Riviera and ‘Ciao’ to Italy where we made a stop at Romeo & Juliet’s home of Verona. Juliet’s balcony was beautiful, and just underneath was a statue of Juliet that is said to give luck in love if you touch her right breast- everyone was lined up for a photo!
We passed Verona’s Roman Arena built in 19AD, before heading to the enchanting Venice.
Just before arriving at our accommodation, our tour group decided to play a trick on the campground staff. When getting on the bus to inform us of the location of toilets, reception etc she was greeted with our 5 stunning guys wearing some fine lingerie and with faces of incredible beauty thanks to some good make-up artists!
In Venice we got an in-depth look into the city as we walked through the little lanes and gorgeous squares. We visited St Mark’s Square, Doges’ Palace, Palazzo Contarini del bovo, the Rialto Bridge and market and sat back to watch the city open up on the canals in a gondola with a few friends, passing the Bridge of Sighs.
After a Murano glass-blowing demonstration we made our way back to camp where we dressed up for our masquerade evening at the bar!



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Gondola Ride with FriendsGondola Ride with Friends
Gondola Ride with Friends

Clockwise: Bri, Chen, Brad, Carrie, Lachie, Sheree
Masquerade1Masquerade1
Masquerade1

Sheree & Adelle
Masquerade 2Masquerade 2
Masquerade 2

Lachie, Anthony, Simon & Daniel


26th July 2011

Chiao from Wodonga.
Your blogs are great. Been to most of the places you have told us about but not to Verona. Didn't have the opportunity to get the benefit that Lachie did. Did it work? Glad to hear that you are having such a good time . Love Gloria and Jack .

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb