Barcelona to French Riviera


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 18th 2011
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Barcelona to French Riviera



We stopped for lunch in the Provence of Arles, home of the well-known Vincent Van Gogh. We took some time to see his amphitheatre, then tasted some Gelato before heading on the coach again driving along the scenic region of Cote dÁzure. We set up camp and our Contiki cook made some Frogs-legs to sample the local delicacy. Surprisingly not as good as snails, but not altogether bad – cross between chicken and calamari. Next to the campground was Antibes Land – a show ground with plenty of amusement rides open until 2am!
We spent the next morning at the French perfumery (Fragenard), going on a small tour to learn about the extraction process as well as production of soaps, creams, oils and odours.
The pebble beach would have looked magnificent on a sunny day – apparently Nice has around 300 days a year of sunshine... apparently not on the day we came to visit though! Instead, we went for a stroll through the outdoor markets in narrow winding streets sampling foods produced in the region.
After dinner we visited Monaco where we walked up to the Royal Palace, and then on to Monte Carlo Casino where Lach entered with some of the boys to try his luck!
The Ferraris, Mazeratis, Porches and Lamborghinnis parked out front were the most beautiful cars we’ve seen. Oh how the other half live!... we later returned to our tent...



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



25th July 2011
Our Coach (NOT BUS!)

Hello from Deniliquin
Hi Lachie and Sheree, Great to hear about your trip, the coach looks better then the school coach at Jerilderie. You are taking some fantastic photos, and we are enjoying them all.It also sounds like a good time is being had by all.Hope both are well and take care love Nana. xxxx

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb