Venezia!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
July 18th 2011
Published: July 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This weekend was crazy!! Venice was packed because the Festa de Redentore was Saturday. It's Venice's celebration of the end of the plague.

But I'll start at the beginning of the trip.

It took a while to get to Venice, but once we were there we isn't stop. The group met up with a tour guide who showed us around the streets between San Marco and the Rialto. After that we were given free reign of the city. All I really did was walk around some then went to dinner on Lido, the small island a little south of Venice. I loved that island. It's like a little beach town!

Saturday we got up and went to Murano to see the glass workshops that are strictly on the island. All Venetian glass comes from there. The glass works were stunning! I could have easily spent all my money there!! After that a group of us went to Burano, an other little island in the lagoon. This one was adorable!! All the houses are painted bright colors 😊

The rest of the day was spent waiting for the fireworks that night. We got to San Marco early, around 8:30, to make sure we would be able to see. It just crazier and more crowded after that. The fireworks were amazing, but the night was awful.

Sunday we got up to make it out of Venice at a good time and subsequently slept for the whole bus ride to Ravenna and Urbino. Ravenna was quick. We just saw San Vitale and Dante's tomb.

Today I'm going to the beach and the group has karaoke.

Love, Rachel

Advertisement



Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb