Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
August 27th 2008
Published: August 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We made our way to Venice - the most romantic city, I do remember being very cold and windy. we had to catch a water taxi into the main island and we caught it with the other tour group so it was good to catch up, the ride was a little bumpy. We arrived and went straight to St Mark's Square where we had little tour and info session, we learnt about the pigeons aka 'the rats' they carry diesease and people let walk all over them a bit gross, we saw the bell tower but coudn't go in as it was closed. We saw the Doges' Palace and the Bridge of Sighs we also saw Basilica San Marco we went inside there and it was very pretty. We then went on the gondola ride around Venice we got some red wine and plastic cups very classy. I remember it started to snow just before we got on the boat, the guide didn't speak english just 'Careful' 'thanks' 'goodbye' The ride was great i spilt the wine on my jeans and it was so fricking cold but it was good to see the city, we then went off and explored and i found my first Lousi Vuttion store and was in heaven.

We then went for our Venice Tea, which was ok, the wine was good and i had my first expresso which was even better.

Also we went to the Venetian glass factory and saw glass get blown and made by the 'Master' which was good, i spent some euro there as well. We then left the main island and went back and I then bargined for some fake louis vuttion bags and got the ladt down to like 15 euro, i guess i was a bit bossy but i got a good deal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb