First Date in Venezia...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
January 28th 2008
Published: February 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

...not so shabby...

"So what are you doing tonight, tesoro?"
"Oh Nothing Caro... what do you want to do?"
"Let's go to Venice for cocktails"
"Sounds like a good idea... when do you want to leave?!"
"mmm... how 'bout now?"

...and off the train station we went!! We arrived in Venezia (my first ever!) Monday January 28th for a quick evening date. We showed up and went directly to the Piazza San Marco for sunset. It was a spectacular day, especially since we left Ferrara in it's usual fog, and we were welcomed by the sun in Venice. We took our passeggiata and eventually ended up at a Nutella crepe stand (wonder why?). Along the way though, we enjoyed some of the main sites, and all of the costumes dressed up for Carnevale. It wasn't too crowded, but there were quite a few people for a Monday night. And they all seemed to be speaking French.
Nonetheless, after the beautiful sunset, we enjoyed some spritz's and then headed back to the station (it was already nearing 9pm at this point) to catch the train back home. Back in Ferrara... we switched into some comfy clothes and ordered in a pizza, which we enjoyed with a bottle of vino that we bought in Venezia. Che bella serata!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

VeneziaVenezia
Venezia

...through the calli
Ponti dei SospiriPonti dei Sospiri
Ponti dei Sospiri

Apparently that bridge behind me was is called the bridge of the breathes because it was the last change for prisoners (going from one building to the other) to catch some fresh air before being executed...
Tramonto Tramonto
Tramonto

the beautiful sunset!


Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb