Canals, Tourists and Pigeons


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
October 23rd 2005
Published: October 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Kicking PigeonsKicking PigeonsKicking Pigeons

...Actually we were running from them like young girls!
Hey hey! We are currently sat in a lovely camp-site about 20mins outside of the island that is Venezia. I say lovely but we're living in a box and half of Southern England is currently getting lairy in the 'Gondola Pub'.

Venice itself has been a much nicer experience. It is my (Dan) first time here and I think it lives up to all thats said about it. Yesterday we did the usual sights including the Rialto and St Marks square. It was in the square that we were accosted by pigeons as Ben thought it would be fun to get some seed and feed them. Was all fun and games and with our nerves bearly intact we went up the bell tower to see a somewhat foggy view.

Today we went in a bit later and saw what was left to see, generally the areas that no one goes and are therefore really quiet. Went for some dinner at a restaurant near the Rialto and were planning on having some wine (to celebrate Sam stopping her medication) but the cheapest bottle was 22euro! Went back to St Marks square to get some awesome night pictures and listen to the bands...was all very romantic....kind of. Did finally get a bottle of wine back at the camp-site which has only been marred by aforementioned uncouth yobs.

Back to the box for us. Enjoy the pico's and we'll see ya'll in Munchen (with plenty of beer)!

Dan Ben and Sam x

p.s check out the gallery for some Salzburg pics


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The RialtoThe Rialto
The Rialto

Classic Venice
Everywheres a PictureEverywheres a Picture
Everywheres a Picture

Wish we had back alleys like this
Back on the boozeBack on the booze
Back on the booze

The end of abstinence


23rd October 2005

happy now
i commented after you told mum to make me comment :p looks like your having fun. i'll see you soon when you get back. claire =)x
24th October 2005

venice
you are so lucky i wish we were back there. but without the pigeons, they are scary.
24th October 2005

Nice birds
You guys certainly know how to pull the birds. Hope Dan didn't get any mess on his "treking" blazer(looks very nice).Congrats to Sam for completing the course, medication wise and hope the rest is all beer and fun.Bye for now, off to find the other pics.
26th October 2005

you lucky, lucky ***********s
Sorry, about that, but feeling rather jealous having seen your lovely pictures of Venice - never been there, but have always wanted to go. So glad to hear you're all having a great time - make the most of it - you're only young once... We'll do our best here in wet and miserable Scotland to look after your lovely mum. When you're back in Germany, give my love to J S Bach.
1st November 2005

I was in Venice then too!
I had the best time, saw everything there was to see. I'm going to Florence in Jan/Feb for the 4th time in 2 years! Looking forward to it :)

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb