Venice Venice Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
September 3rd 2007
Published: September 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everybody!!!

When I can't think of a desperately funny title for my blog, I write the name of the city three times. You may have noticed. I'm sure you did.

Venice is beautiful. The place we're staying in is a fair way out of the city, which probably makes it much cheaper. It's quite nice. There were a few mixups, because we were expecting to get into Venice the day after, so we had to book a 3 bed room in stead of a double room, and the lady didn't speak any english, so we had to assume everything was right, and we are all still in a bit of a state of confusion, but we will survive.

One thing I have noticed is that all countries put the apostrophe in a strange place, which makes typing difficult. I know it's not an earth shattering discovery, but it does mean that, for the rest of the blog, whenever you see "à", it is actually an apostrophe. Sorry about that.

We went into the city about 10:00 in the morning, after some Germans stole our breakfast in the B&B, but thatàs a different story. Itàs really amazing, everything is done on boats, obviously, and the canals are really beautiful, more than I expected by far.

The city is famous for its masks, and unfortunately, they tend to trade on that pretty strongly, so EVERY shop sells masks of various quality, and at the beginning theyàre all lovely to look at, but after 6 hours of masks, I was ready to get them all together in S Marco Square and have a massive bonfire.

Theyàre also pretty famous for their glass, weàre gonna visit the island where they make all that stuff tomorrow, and have a look at it. Itàs a lovely place, the people tend to be a bit cranky but probably thatàs a combination of them being sick of tourists and me not speaking a word of Italian.

Thereàs no internet where weàre staying so I am at an internet kiosk at the moment, so no photos for a few days at least. When we hit Florence Iàll possibly update these to get everything in...possibly.

OK, better go, need some food.

Hope everybodyàs well

Bye bye

Advertisement



5th September 2007

Fantastico!!
Awesome ray & sue. PS itäs true about foreign keyboards.

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb