Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
July 11th 2005
Published: August 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Ahhh Venice, we will never forget it for both the good and the bad memories. In the good ones category we have some unforgetable panoramic shots, everywhere you look we had some amazing postcards come alive in front of our eyes. We went to the Murano glass island and saw some master glass blowers at work and to top it off saw the most amazing concert one afternoon while sipping some sangria. The concert was actually a couple playing for money on the street and they were soo good we wonder how long they will be doing it. As if all this was not enough the canal next to our little concert had the added bonus of having a gondolier class. Hard work I tell you, if we had not seen the poor student almost wreck his and another man's gondola maybe we would have spent the $$$. As it was we had an eyeful that evening and had a good laugh.

On the not so good was the ever growing masses of tourists, a heat wave (you should probably check out other travel blogs just so you can see our deepening shades!) But the thing we disliked about this city is the street layout. We imagined ourselves as little mice running around for the cheese everytime we tried to walk to some tourist spot or another. Not to rub it in or anything but we were glad to leave Venice just because we were tired of Italy, guess 6 cities was a bit much for one country. Besides we were off to "the hills are alive with the sound of music....."


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb