More Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
March 18th 2007
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We started our second full day in Venice with another continental breakfast on the terrace, and then we headed of to Venice determined to find the Rialto Bridge. Since we had gotten lost the day before when trying to find it on foot, we thought that we would take a waterbus directly there, but after the trip from Murano to Venice, we decided we wanted to walk for a while rather than transfer directly to another waterbus. We also realized that June Bug hadn't used the potty before we left the hotel room, so we first stopped at the train station determined to find a restroom. We did find one, but the toilet (like other public toilets in Venice) didn't have a toilet seat, and June Bug was afraid to sit on it. But, considering that she hadn't used the potty since the night before, and the hotel was a tedious waterbus ride away, I stayed in the stall with her until she actually went. Then we were able to start our day.
We followed signs to the Rialto, as we had the day before, but this day we had a different starting point, so we were hoping we'd be
MuranoMuranoMurano

Walking to the Waterbus Stop
luckier. Before we got to the Rialto, though, we got hungry and stopped at a Chinese restaurant for lunch. After lunch, our journey continued, successfully, and we found the Rialto Bridge. While we were there, we enjoyed some gelato and shopped for masks. For two days, we had been promising Katherine that we would buy her a mask when we found the right one. The masks at the Rialto weren't the right ones, however, because David didn't want to pay more than 10 euros each. He also wanted masks that were held to the face with sticks rather than masks with ties. Anyway, the search continued, and we headed back toward Piazza San Marco where David had seen cheaper masks the day before. June Bug and I fed the pigeons with some pigeon food we had left over from the day before, and David sought out the masks he desired. He returned with two masks that delighted June Bug, and she actually wore hers all the around the Piazza and back to the waterbus stop, waving at all the people and pigeons that she saw along the way.
We decided to get some cheap food from the grocery store for dinner later, and went back to our hotel in Murano.
I took a nap and a shower while Katherine and Papa walked around the island and found a playground. There they met some older Italian children who were eager to practice their English and play with Katherine.
We stayed in for the evening eating sandwiches and fruit and watching Italian television. We watched the Italian "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" and "Candid Camera." Good times.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The Perfect MaskThe Perfect Mask
The Perfect Mask

Only 10 Euros
JoyJoy
Joy

It's a day later, and the free balloon from McDonald's continues to excite June Bug.
June Bug at the Park with Her Italian FriendsJune Bug at the Park with Her Italian Friends
June Bug at the Park with Her Italian Friends

June Bug's the brown blob that blends in with the park bench.


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb