Our Hotel- Locanda Conterie


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
March 17th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our Hotel- Locanda Conterie

 Europe » Italy » Venice By globetrekkingmama
March 17th 2007
Sally Michaels
We stayed at the Locanda Conterie in Murano which is the island just north of Venice. I think the island of Murano is just a picturesque as Venice, but a lot quieter. It was only 65 euros a night for a room that sleeps three. We had our own bathroom and a television. A lot of people have complained that the continental breakfast was horrible, just a pre-packaged croissant, but they do have a fancy coffee machine and juice is available. They also have dry cereal, but you have to eat it with hot, creamy milk. No cold milk. (In fact, we never found any cold milk during our stay in Venice. Restaurants just have hot, frothy milk.) You can supplement the breakfast with cheap fruit from local vendors or the Co-op at Piazzale Roma. You'll have to take a waterbus to get back to the main islands of Venice, but the water buses run 24hrs. If you're trying to find this hotel, get off at "Museo." You'll be on the street Riva Longa, Calle Conterie is the street directly behind Riva Longa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Locanda Conterie IILocanda Conterie II
Locanda Conterie II

Can you see us in the window? Our room was directly above the front door.
A Room Fit for a PrincessA Room Fit for a Princess
A Room Fit for a Princess

Notice the glass chandelier.
The bathroomThe bathroom
The bathroom

We had a toilet, shower, sink, and bidet. Psycho-Wife, who looks pissed at her husband when he takes her picture in the bathroom, not included.
Hot CocoaHot Cocoa
Hot Cocoa

pretty sweet


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb