Venice Excursion


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
February 10th 2007
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

What an amazing, and beautiful place. Venice was an incredible experience. Even though it was raining the entire time of our walking tour, everything around us was gorgeous, and seemed to have so much history. It is Carnival this weekend, which was awesome. I loved to see all of the locals dressed up in full creative costumes, and the tourists with their faces painted or wearing unique masks. After arriving in Venice I learned that Venice is a set of several islands, there are now vehicles allowed on the streets, and you arrive there by boat, or ferry. Our walking tour guide was funny, and knew so much information about the History of Venice. I really enjoyed walking around the uncrowed side alley ways , and in the various squares around Venice that not many people would venture out to see. After the walking tour we grabbed lunch in a small restuarant, that had great pizza. The only problem is that their cafe latte is 4 euro, but I still got when anyways! When in Venice.... After lunch we walked around to all the different shops. They were awesome, and every one had unique items such as: masks, glass jewelry, glass figures, purses, jewelry, shoes, clothes... etc. After we returned to San Marco square later on in the day, the crowd was unbelieveable. There were so many people, it was crazy. I would definately return to Venice, I felt like it was a nice place to go and escape the city life; even though it was crowded.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb