Venice - Thurs 8th Nov


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
November 8th 2018
Published: November 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

This morning we walked around the corner to the Piazzale Roma water bus station to catch the 4.1 water bus to the Museo stop on Murano Island. It was a pea soup fog and you could barely see 50m in front of you.

We went to the Glass Museum on Murano for a while, then walked around the island and caught the 4.2 water bus from the Fero stop to San Marco Zaccaria.

It was after 12:30pm at this point so we had a pizza each in a restaurant on the water, fighting off some very aggressive pigeons in the process.

After lunch, we went to pier B to catch water bus line 2 to San Giorgio Maggiore, the Island in front of St Mark’s Square. We went inside the Basilica di San Giorgio Maggiore and had intended going up the belltower as it was supposed to have great views of Venice. However, with the fog there was no point so we caught the water bus back to Zaccaria and walked over the Ponte dei Sospiri (Bridge of Sighs) and across Piazza San Marco to back to the hotel through town, doing some shopping on the way.

We went back to the Dolfin for dinner and they gave us a complimentary spritz to drink. I ordered the Escalope with lemon sauce again, plus polenta and spinach and Jo ordered Noodles with Scampi. At the end, they gave us a complimentary peach liqueur.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



9th November 2018

Viewing photos
Thank you. You always amazed me with your running comentry and clever photography. Keep up the good work. Always makes my day.

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb