Venice to Stansted


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
November 9th 2018
Published: November 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

This morning we had a light breakfast and spent our final morning walking around the town and looking in shops.

Our hotel had allowed us to check out an hour later than usual, at 1pm, so at 11:30am we went to our favourite restaurant, Pizzeria Ristorante Dolfin, for our final dinner. We had a delicious meal (Insalata Primavera for Jo and Lasagne and Insalata Caprese for me). Our waiters gave us a complimentary drink to finish and kissed us goodbye. We will really miss them and the superb food there.

After dashing back to our hotel room to put our final things in our cases, we walked back across the bridge to the Piazzale Roma, where the coaches leave from. It is only a 2 minute walk and there was a bus there already so we got straight on and were at Marco Polo Airport in 20 minutes. The airport coach transfer to the western edge of Venice is a really terrific service – cheap and efficient and easy to use. Having a hotel close to the western edge saves dragging large cases along paved footpaths and over numerous bridges.

We waited in the airport lounge for a few hours until boarding our British Airways flight to Gatwick. From Gatwick, we drove up to Stansted to stay at the Novotel overnight before I went back to the Arthur Findlay College for another week.

Advertisement



17th November 2018

Venice to Stansted
Venice to Stansted; sounds like the title for a horror movie. Our trip to Venice didn't have the flooding - but sounds like you still got around OK. Impressed that you found a restaurant that treated you well and didn't run the usual tourist rip-off; and the food sounds excellent. Loved the photos around Venice - some great shots. Then Stansted - watch out for those Essex Boys!

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0796s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb