Return to Garda


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Peschiera del Garda
April 22nd 2011
Published: April 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

San Remo to Garda


Tuesday 29th March 2011

A long drive today using the motorways to take us along the coast before turning north towards Milan and then east to Lake Garda. The coastal and mountain section is quite spectacular with a series of tunnels and viaducts for many miles – we counted 102 tunnels !

At Lake Garda we took a lakeside stroll to watch the sunset before grabbing a take away pizza from one of the site’s three excellent restaurants – yum.

Wednesday 30th March 2011

Chilling, School and Domestics today before an afternoon stroll in the other direction along the lake side.

Thursday 31st March 2011

Walk to town today to the local farmer’s market to pick up a few provisions. This included a delicious freshly roasted chicken which we took back to site and ate with with onion focaccia – I’m in heaven !

Friday 1st April 2011
A day out today – lake cruise from Peschiera – Sirmione – Bardolino alighting at Garda.
A wander around the pretty town – not too busy out of season. Ice cream – delicious.
Return sailing from Garda – Bardolino – Esize – Peschiera. Home for dinner.

Saturday 2nd April 2011

!!!!!! GARDALAND !!!!!!
Yet another theme park - just open for the season. Seemed quite busy but virtually no ride queues that’s what I call a theme park !
Did the three big roller coasters - one brand new for 2011 season – fantastic.
A great day had by all !

Sunday 3rd April 2011

Included in our Gardaland package was entry to the Garda Sealife centre which turned out to be an excellent visit. Amongst the usual aquarium sights there was a special exhibition dedicated to jellyfish – quite interesting Watson. We also attended the seahorse presentation and feeding session and learnt a lot about their habitats, mating and feeding habits.

Monday 4th April 2011

Schoolwork, domestics and prep for our onward journey. Drinks with Bob and Hazel French at their big American rig – thanks guys. Bob’s a useful chap to know – picked up some useful info on mobile internet and dongle unlocking which has since been put to good use in Greece.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



22nd April 2011

Love Garda
Sound like you are having a great time. We drove to Garda in 1994 and went to de senzano. I remember all the tunnels and the pizza , red wine and carpaccio. Enjoy G&R

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb