(F)lake day


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Passignano sul Trasimeno
July 12th 2023
Published: July 15th 2023
Edit Blog Post

My meticulous and stringent planning didn’t exactly work on the clan today and I couldn’t get anyone to commit to any lake-based activities. And it’s unusual for me to say this, but just as well, cause honestly, the lake kind of sucked. Crystal clear and idyllic it was not. Murky and kind of wee-temperatured it was.

After deciding it was too hot for biking to wineries, we thought a nice swim might be in order. Having (wisely) rejected the idea of boating, the others decided to embark on some SUPping and kayaking. We finally arrived at the shore, only to be underwhelmed by what was on offer - a silty smelly shoreline, green murky water and a dead fish floating by for good measure. We tried some kayaking and the girls went on the SUP but we were all happy to leave after a short while. Why would you swim in there when our gorgeous pool awaited?!

So we headed back through the town, which looked quite cute, other than its positioning, and then the fields, dotted with abandoned farmhouses and covered in patches of bright yellow sunflowers and other rows and rows of crops. We marvelled at how many old buildings lay abandoned and how, without a significant investment, they would most likely crumble.

Some time beside and in the pool and an afternoon nap and we had almost forgotten about the festy lake. Tonight was Adults Night so we kitted ourselves accordingly while the kids prepared for the Great Carbonara Challenge. We headed down the hill to a beautiful agriturismo for dinner, while the boys battled it out with parmesan and pancetta. Dinner enjoyed all round from all reports!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb