Driving me Crazy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Montone
August 17th 2012
Published: August 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have been away for nearly 6 weeks and Fiona hasn't driven a car until today. Toby has been happy to do all the driving but Fiona has always offered to take over if he is tired. The trouble is the car we hired is manual and takes a little time to get used to changing gear with the right hand. If Fiona does need to drive it would be better if she has already got used to it so today she drove all 10 kms to Umbertide.

We slept in late and spent the morning at the pool recovering from a hectic few days. By mid afternoon it was gelato time and we also needed a couple of grocery items so we went to Umbertide. The first stop was one of the gelateria Harriet and Toby has tried out last week and then the coffee shop next door. The machine was an old hand pulled espresso and the coffee was fabulous.

We completed the lazy day with dinner in the village. The restaurant is called Erbaluna and was really nice. We could have sat outside but there wasn't any view and inside was really ambient. As we left we let the waitress know we had come from Casa delle Grazie and she made us come back in for a limoncello and a grappa. A very pleasant way to end the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd August 2012
Delicious dessert

Wow
You aren't kidding. That looks amazing. Great picture.

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb