Victorious!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Montone
August 18th 2012
Published: August 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Is Fiona obsessed with rugby? That depends on whether you think asking your landlady if you can watch the game on her TV when you could have been by the pool or sightseeing in Umbria is over the top. Whatever your opinion it doesn't matter because that is what happened.

When we had first arrived, Aine, the landlady, had told us we could watch the Olympics as we had the sports channels. We quickly discovered this wasn't true and even though she tried to sort it out with Sky it wasn't possible to get the sports channels in our villa. However we knew that she had them in her house.

Fiona double checked with her yesterday as to the status of the sports package and she was apologetic that we couldn't get it but was very quick to offer her TV. After making sure she wasn't just being polite we took her up on the offer and at 12o clock we all paraded into her living room. Her mother was over from Ireland and also likes rugby so she stayed and watched the game with us.

Side note - anyone who is not sure which game we are talking about it was the Bledisloe cup match between Australia and New Zealand and the first game of the rugby championship. Also in case you didn't know we are All Blacks fans. That is why we are going to Argentina - to see them play.

Of course New Zealand won. We had another relaxed afternoon and in the evening it was Harriet's turn to cook. She made gnocchi in a blue cheese sauce which was delicious. She can now cook her favourite meal all by herself and Fiona can have a holiday even when we are home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0938s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb