San Marino & Assisi


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Assisi
October 25th 2007
Published: October 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Rooftop GardenRooftop GardenRooftop Garden

A roof top garden in San Marino.
We drove from Ravenna to San Marino, a hill top town overlooking the Umbria valley. Normally the town is very scenic and full of tourists, but today the weather was raining and the clouds hung low. We didn't see any views and most places were closed. However, we did manage to walk around and find a great place for lunch. After lunch and another bottle of wine, we decided to head out for the beautiful town of Assisi.

After an hour drive we arrived in Assisi. This is a famous town due to Saint Francis of Assisi and the church he built. This town is full of nuns, monks, friers and priests. It is one of the prettiest town we have ever seen, and a must go to if you are ever in Italy. The church Saint Francis built is enormous and gorgeous. He built this church in the early 1200's. There was an earthquake in 1987 that almost destroyed the church, but there has been enormous restoration done over the years.

Today (Oct 25), we have been walking around doing a bit of shopping, and of course eating. We just finished lunch, and now it's off to have
Pigeon Bath in AssisiPigeon Bath in AssisiPigeon Bath in Assisi

Fountain in the square close to hotel.
a nap. Tonight we have reservations at a place called Latern, where we will celebrate Lissa's birthday. So for now....Ciao.

7 days in......on bottle number 14. Almost craving for Kokenee.....almost. : )

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb