A model day out


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
June 13th 2013
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.3892, 11.3855

Not wanting to drive too far and yet wanting to go somewhere different, we saw an ad for the Parco Sculture del Chianti near Vagliagli on a leaflet in the villa.
It was surprisingly easy to find and the lovely old Italian gentleman on the gate was delighted that he could record an Irishman, a Canadian and two English on his visitor records. He told us all about the setting up of the park a few years ago and about some of the pieces of sculpture we would come across. Then for 7 euros each off we set not seeing any other visitors until we came out again. It was great fun coming across a sculpture and guessing what it was called. After our tour we also called in at a fabulous art gallery down the road which had been in existence for several years before the Sculpture park. Who comes to such an out of the way place to buy art is beyond me especially as none of it was cheap. However the friendly lady owner gave us a tour and there were some impressive pieces so I guess she does make a living out of it somehow. She also recommended a local restaurant in a small village which we would not have found otherwise. So it was that we ended up in the Trattoria La Grotta della Rana, where we had an outside table and ate a very good cheap simple meal with good local wine- what a find!
Back at the villa there was time to relax and catch some sun before another simple meal of salads, cold meats and cheeses in the villa. It is good to chill out occasionally or indeed frequently!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



22nd June 2013

I can imagine you are having a very wonderful time in all places you have been.Thank you for the information and beautiful photos.

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb