Firenze Day 2, 2 October


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
October 2nd 2012
Published: October 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Firenze 2 October
Woke early but as Jane and Ken slept on I started to read a book I had found in the bookshelf, funnily enough it is about a crime set in Florence, gives me a bit of background to terms like carbenerri! Our apartment is surprisingly large with two double bedrooms a lounge, kitchen bathroom and laundry. It has a narrow street frontage but is quite long with the other rooms placed behind each other and our bedroom. The laundry entrance is thought the bathroom but luckily for Jane there is a small passageway from the lounge to the bathroom and her bedroom comes of that. She is also lucky to be at the back of the house so she does not get any noise. The floors are terrazzo and the furniture very old style and very gorgeous, would like to put some of it in my case if I could! The wiring however is also very old and we cannot have more than one appliance working at a time! Once the sleepy heads rose at 9am we had brekky and wandered up to the Florence Markets where Jane and I had some retail therapy, we are getting pretty good at it too. Saw some lovely things but did not go overboard, I left the leather jacket behind this time! The architecture as you would expect is similar to that found on Croatia where the Romans/ Venetians had influenced the local population. We did not do much sight seeing today, looking forward to that tomorrow. We did make it to the Ponti Vecchio and were amazed by the jewellery stores, modern and antique. The views through the arches or from the bridge itself are picturesque to say the very least.There is quite a few Australians here and it is nice to touch base occasionally with Ozz by chatting with them. All sorts young, old, families, couples, singles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb