Siena and Pisa


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
September 6th 2010
Published: September 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Left Florence and got the train to Siena, which is a medievel town. Getting here was easy enough - direct train from Florence, but got into a bit of a fluster getting from the train station into historical Siena. Relatively expensive luggage storage (5.40 euros for half an hour, well one day but I only needed half an hour!) and the bus stop being wierdly placed in some shopping centre over the road from the train station. Literally only spent about half an hour there. Went to the Piazza Del Campo which is a large square in the shape of a bathroom sink, with plug and everything. It's a well preserved medievel city with its original city walls. Also saw the Municipal Palace in the main square but didn't really want to queue to go up the Campanile due to lack of time and creeping costs. After leaving Siena I got 2 trains to Pisa to get the obligatory leaning tower snaps. It was so hot on arrival, and after having paid 5.40 euros to store my luggage for all of half an hour at Siena bus station, I decided (regrettably) to drag my luggage to the tower. I didn't expect the walk to be quite so long! Cobbled streets and 35 degree heat are not your friend when your pulling a heavy wheeled suitcase. The square containing the leaning tower was really pretty and I got some nice photos. Unfortunately didn't get a cheesy pic of myself 'pushing' the tower over!

I then took a well deserved eating break and ordered a spaghetti carbonara for primi and veal for seconds (first time eating veal) and some wine at a trattoria before heading back to the train station to go to Rome.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb