Pisa


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Pisa
October 18th 2013
Published: October 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys

Short update this time 😊

We left Sorrento yesterday (Thursday) morning and started our drive towards Pisa. We decided to break it up and stop in a place just outside of Rome.. We booked it on the Net and put it into the GPS in the car. The GPS was telling us that we had arrived at our destination when we were travelling in the middle of the freeway doing 130klms an hour! I don't think so!

An hour and a half later, we finally found the accommodation right next to the freeway. Stupid GPS and even worse, the address details were given to us by the hotel. Anyway, we arrived and it was this beautiful Bed and Breakfast/Hotel. The rooms were new and I think we were the only ones staying there, so it was nice and quiet.

For dinner, we ate at the restaurant.. Wow, the food was amazing. We ordered pasta and meat and they brought us out bread with buffalo ricotta on it.. Best ricotta we have eaten, it was delicious. The pasta and meat were really nice too.

Today, we have headed into Pisa, just up the road really (about 2 hour drive) to see the Tower. We were really surprised as to how quiet it was. There were nowhere near the amount of people we expected to be here, which was nice. Our Lonely Planet Guide said to book tickets for the tower 14 days before you come, whereas we checked today and you could have booked the tickets 10 mins ahead. We are not sure where everyone was, but it was really nice to look around and not be squished by people (Florence and Rome).

It was fun to people watch everyone staging their photos to look like they were holding it up, or pushing it down. (of course, we did it too). We then wandered around Pisa. Not really a lot here, once you have seen the tower, its really just another Italian city, with a lot of souvenir shops.

We are enjoying watching some tv finally in English, surprising how much you do miss it or just use it to relax. Not very relaxing when you have to figure out what they are talking about/doing etc. Though, they are pretty nuts on Italian TV. TV hosts run around the stages on their game shows like idiots. Also, they love the Australian Masterchef (dubbed in Italian of course)..

We have only a few days left in Italy, we are both very sad to leave. Our experiences here have been better than we could have imagined. The scenery, the people, the food, OMG the food!!! It is a wonderful place and one that we want to come back too.

Tomorrow, we are off to visit the place where Andrew's Grandfather was born, to see what the city is like etc. Andrew is looking into booking our accommodation now, (bit last minute), but that's part of the fun!

Chat soon xxxx A&A

Advertisement



Tot: 0.361s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb