Day 6: Florence Renaissance


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Pisa
October 24th 2011
Published: November 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Monday, 24th October 2011

Florence was our next stop after Milan. Casa Di Barbano was where we would be spending our next 2 nights in this renaissance city. Our B&B was located within 15 minutes walk from the train station where the owner was already eagerly waiting for us that afternoon.

"Welcome to the city of Florence and welcome to my home!"

Casa greeted us with her infectious smile.

She went on to share with us her love of this beautiful city and suggested the many places we could visit during our stay with them. Indeed if time was never the issue, we would have followed her travel advices. Already in our pipeline were planned visits to the Leaning Tower of Pisa as well as the Space Outlet at Montevarchi.

Fortunately, both of these places weren't far off from the city and each visit shouldn't warrant more than half a day's efforts. This left us with one final afternoon to explore the many walking streets of the city. A nearly unimaginable feat but we did it anyway.

Hospitable folks, great Italian cuisine and a laidback atmosphere, the city of Florence was easily my favourite places in Italy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb