Trip to Pisa


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Pisa
January 19th 2008
Published: February 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The tower that leansThe tower that leansThe tower that leans

This is a photo that every tourist MUST take
We took the train to Pisa and walked across town to the Field of Miracles and the Leaning Tower. We were very taken with how much the tower really leans. We obviously knew it leaned, but in person it really does look like it could tumble over any moment. Sam was too young to climb it (you have to be 8) so he and I stayed on the ground while Dean and Naomi went up. Since he didn't get to climb it, I promised to buy Sam a souvenir worth admission price (15 euros). He selected a Leaning Tower lamp that is beyond tacky. He and I thought it was so funny that Naomi bought one to match with her own money. Dean is clearly hoping that the lamps will not work in our US outlets when we get back. Because it is the off-season, we only got to see the Cathedral, Tower and Baptistry as the other attractions closed early. The mummy in the Cathedral fascinated the children and Dean and I were impressed with the acoustics in the Baptistry. A guard came in while we were there to demonstrate how sounds echo off the dome.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb