away from tourist crowd!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Pisa
October 29th 2007
Published: November 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

So night train arrived in Pisa, early 6:50 in the morning!!!
Walked out and it was..peaceful. very nice!!!
Anyways, headed into town and of course, wanted to see the Piazza od Miracles!
The town is nice.....cross the river...headed into the dead shopping street,
the market was just starting to open up and you see people and the city waking up!!! haaa...
On my way, got distracted by this..church. and ended up getting lost and walking all the way around the city walls to get back in!!!! argh.....><"

well, got to the leaning tower by 7-ish..and WOW...it is beautiful!!! for something so overly exploited....its actually pretty amazing...well, mostly referring to the whole piazza and not just the tower....
The Cathedral beside it and the baptistry on the other side of the Piazza makes a whole set and its just a view to see!
i think including me.. there were like...5 tourist around!!!! haaaa.....so it was lovely! took photos of JUST the buildings...no needa edit out those crowds..haaaaa!!! well, pity didnt go inside but well...^^"

After that walked around town...saw a fake leaning tower..haaaa!! and a very cute chapel by the river!!!!! and caught the colours of sunrise!!! very beautiful...
I think my impression of Pisa wouldn't be as nice if I didnt arrive so early...heee..lucky ne!=)

Well, after that headed to Lucca, an old town surrounded by red birck walls...very enclosed really.
the website lied again!!! the hostel I stayed at was no way 500m from the train st! it was a good 20-30 mins walk!!!! >__<"
Well, got there...another cold one...
spent the afternoon doing laundry...ohhh...the laundrymat...haaa!!! I did save up a whole backpack full load to put in...haaa...so was pretty much...running out of clean clothes to wear..haaa!

Anyways, that done and it was late evening then. headed out to the city, saw the churches...San Mario or sth like that...very cool...lots of unique columns....which I like just the fact each column was unique! haaaa....Besides that...humm...there really wasnt much!
The town is a great place tho, the walls surrounding the town, its actually a park up there and you can climb and walk all the way around the city walls!!! so coooool!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Focus: NO TOURIST!!!Focus: NO TOURIST!!!
Focus: NO TOURIST!!!

so nice.....haa...
Pisa market!Pisa market!
Pisa market!

just started..so nice and clean..haaa
small church by the riversmall church by the river
small church by the river

my favourite!!!! so cute!!!!!
fake leaning towerfake leaning tower
fake leaning tower

It looked leaned to me........a little bit at least
load of columns..load of columns..
load of columns..

which i dunlike, BUT....
each column is different!!!each column is different!!!
each column is different!!!

so I like...heee=)


Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb