Thinking of home and lots of snakes.....


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Gaiole in Chianti
May 24th 2011
Published: May 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello All,
Well flights home are booked for the 18th June and I’m busy looking for work and somewhere to live. The job market looks as dire as ever, but it’s looking good for places available to rent with my pathetic little budget.

The owners of the house have just been to stay for a week and seem happy with the work we have done so far - we really did work our socks off though!
It feels like we should relax on the workload and enjoy the rest of our time here, but it’s hard to switch off and relax.
I would definitely like to visit Rome before I venture home and there is also what sounds like an amazing evening at a local sculpture park with tradition Spanish flamenco dancing that I would like to go to.

Its been very hot over the past few weeks and we easily reach 30C everyday. The pool is a balmy 21C and even Jaime dipped a toe yesterday (although I’m not sure how much he enjoyed it).
The heat must be bringing out the snakes as we have seen quite a few including a couple of little vipers – they are very shy but am still worried about Jaime getting bitten when I’m gone. Hope the owners find replacements for us soon…….



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.096s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb