Rome in a Day


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 2nd 2011
Published: June 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello All!
A couple of pictures for you from our day out in Rome.
We took the 7am train out of Montevarchi to Rome Termini. It took three hours to get there, but there were some nice views from the train as compensation.
Rome was loud, bustling and exciting. There seemed to be armed police and paparazzi everywhere – although we didn’t spot any celebrities.
I had listed 5 sites I was keen to see so we kept to a brisk pace for most of the day. We visited the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, the Collosseum, and St Peters Square. We missed out the Spanish Steps but compensated with the Victorio Emmanuel monument.
Rome should really be seen over a few days, but it’s definitely achievable on foot.

When we arrived back at the house we must have missed a big thunderstorm. The flowers had taken a beating and most of the roses lost their petals. Thankfully the rainwater perked things up again within a couple of days and I’m very proud to announce that my veggie plants have some lovely looking beans and tomatoes growing on them – shame I wont be here to harvest them, but I’m going to make sure Jaime enjoys them.
We have had some news from the owners on our replacements and it looks like Jaime will just need to stay for another four weeks on his own after I'm gone.
Plus, its looks like I have a couple of interviews to come home to as well – things are looking up.







Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Roman DoorknockerRoman Doorknocker
Roman Doorknocker

Am collecting the Doorknocker pics!
St Peters SquareSt Peters Square
St Peters Square

Jaime under the famous Pope balcony
St Peters SquareSt Peters Square
St Peters Square

I'm all star-struck - its the Pope!
St Peters SquareSt Peters Square
St Peters Square

The famous balcony


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb