Chianti - Day 7 and 8


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Gaiole in Chianti
March 18th 2011
Published: March 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 7 and 8
It rained again on and off throughout the day, but we managed to get a little work done none the less. We planted some Lavender, Rosemary, Thyme and Alison flowers and then tackled the garage for a tidy up.
The owners have flown back to the UK today and I must admit that it feels a little strange to be on our own, they will not return for another eight weeks.
Am sure we’ll be fine - just like learning to ride a bike without stabilizers!

We had a little treat at dusk, some deer decided to graze in the olive terrace just 50 meters outside our patio! You can sit on your sofa and watch the wildlife go by – amazing!!

Today the sun is shining- at last and what a difference it makes. The house looks amazing and everything looks like it has been scrubbed clean and given a colour injection.

We decide to head of to Montevarchi for a full food shop.
After we drop the rubbish and recycling at the village bins we follow the windy road for 19km and drive in a couple of circles trying to find signs for the local Lidl store.
As Lidl is so cheap in the UK we figure that it must be same in Italy and stock up on the basics. Then we head to the Coop Hypermarket to browse the shelves a little more in detail than our last visit – amazingly we find that most items we have bought are cheaper – lesson learned for future shopping trips. And they sell veggie and tofu products – yeay!
Jaime gets all excited by a flash label maker – it would be a great help to label all the light and fuse switches at the house, but it’s a little pricey so we resist.
As we only have one set of sheets in the flat the owners have told us to buy another set, alongside some towels and a couple of rugs for the bedroom.
We struggle to understand the descriptions on the bedding packages and what we think is a duvet cover turns out to be a sheet – heyho, we will return next week armed with a dictionary to complete the set.

After lunch I plant some more vegetable seeds and Jaime managed to fix a tricky light on the vine terrace. We do some general tidying and then I head in doors to try my hand at baking some bread.
Must be beginners luck as the breadcakes turn out yummy (if I say so myself).
Rosemary, feta cheese, chilli, olives ….these are all fab things I’ve learned to make bread with today .
After sundown Jaime and I head outside to check on the external lights – we have been a little trigger happy with all the switches around the house and wanted to ensure everything was turned off. It’s a full moon and Jaime takes some wonderful pictures for us ……



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb