How many students does it take to buy soccer tickets?!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
February 18th 2009
Published: February 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hospital for Abandoned BabiesHospital for Abandoned BabiesHospital for Abandoned Babies

If a father didn't want to claim his child, then the baby was dropped off here at the hospital for abandoned babies. :(
Okay, so today started super early with our 2nd official tour of the city! We saw a hospital for abandoned babies (the one that began the perfectly propotioned buildings that used mainly cirlces and squares, Santo Lorenzo (Saint Lawrence) church which was built by the Medici family (one of the ruling families of Florence), the Medici tombs (designed and carved entirely by Michelangelo), and another church called La Cappella Brancacci nella Chiesa di Santa Maria del Carmine. Santo Lorenzo and the Medici tombs did not allow cameras so I don't have any pictures of those, but I was able to catch a few pictures documenting the rest of the day. Oh, and we got really lucky in the sense that today happened to be the anniversary of the death of one of the Medici's so the church and the tombs were free! And our professor didn't expect for us to get into the tombs because they are usually quite expensive. After the tour, we went back and had Italian, and pretty much everyone was exhausted. Following Italian, we went out and bought our tickets for a soccer game! The plan was that we'd go to Pisa on Friday and then possibly Sienna on Saturday, and then come home for the soccer game on Sunday at 3pm! However, after 17 of us loaded up on busses, bought tickets, got back, ate dinner, and started homework, ONE of the boys realized that the man (who spoke NO english) had sold us tickets for tomorrow night's game! Guess we'll be taking in a night game...in the freezing cold!! Ah well, what can ya do!? Haha Poor Frank (who was in charge of the whole soccer game thing) is never gonna hear the end of this one. Alrighty, well back to St. Francis of Assisi, and studying for that Italian quiz!


Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Ni...doing what she does best!Ni...doing what she does best!
Ni...doing what she does best!

At least we'll have a well documented trip!
francesco explaining that the church was going to have arches addedfrancesco explaining that the church was going to have arches added
francesco explaining that the church was going to have arches added

but Michelangelo thought it looked like a cage around the dome, so he vetoed the idea.


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb