Sunny Day in Florence!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
April 21st 2005
Published: January 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Florence, ItalyFlorence, ItalyFlorence, Italy

The 'fake' David that stands in the place of where the real David once stood at the Loggia Della Signoria.
Today was a lot of fun, but my feet hurt so bad!! We got up this morning (no alarm) and headed toward the Uffizi - but the line was incredibly long. We walked around and at the Palazzo Vecchio and Loggia della Signora we saw the replica of the David, and there was a big square with lots of people.
We walked to (and over) the Ponte Vecchio to the Palazzo Pitti. We went and walked through the massive garden (Gardino di Boboli). It was pretty and had a lot of fountains and statues to look at. The sun was also out today, which was very nice 😊 I hope it stays for the rest of our trip! The garden was mostly uphill, so we did a lot of walking. Afterwards we passed by the Uffizi again - but it was still crowded. We stopped for pizza at this tavern. It was really good 😊 Then we tried to go to the Bargello, but it was closed, so we walked on to find the Galleria dell' Accademia where the David is. It had a line, but it moved quickly. Inside there were four pieces by Michelangelo that were unfinished (called "Slaves"
Florence, ItalyFlorence, ItalyFlorence, Italy

The Ponte Vecchio.
I think). It was really interesting to see partially done sculptures. And then we saw the David. He's pretty big, and very clean/smooth looking. It's an impressive piece of work. I'm glad we went to go see him. We came back to the hotel for a little bit (my feet hurt so incredibly bad!!) and then headed out to walk around again.
We had dinner at the same place again (it's good, cheap, and filling) and then went to Adam's favorite Gelatto place. We each got a triple flavor cup. I got coconut, After 8 mint, and tiramisu. They were great! Adam got After 8 mint, oreo and cinnamon -- which was awesome.
Now we are just hanging out until we go to sleep. We may go to Rome tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Florence, ItalyFlorence, Italy
Florence, Italy

Boboli Gardens.
Florence, ItalyFlorence, Italy
Florence, Italy

Florence as seen from Boboli Gardens.
Florence, ItalyFlorence, Italy
Florence, Italy

A tree archway. There were many of these around the Gardens.


10th August 2006

Boboli Gardens
I lived in Florence for a month, and I was really excited about seeing your pictures of the Boboli Gardens. Most tourist miss them, and I think they are one of the most beautiful things in Florence. We spent many afternoons sitting in the gardens, writing letters, and catching rays of sun. I hope you enjoyed your trip.

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0837s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb