Stunning Florence~


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 25th 2007
Published: June 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Florence,

Sweet quaint Florence…
Arrived into town mid day and the sun was glaring down, the air was sticky and had this distinctive smell. As I walked through the tiny narrow streets all I could smell was leather goods, stores after stores offering the best deal on jacket, bags, gloves and the list goes on. Tempted to look and walked away with 2 pairs of gloves for Loan. Today we had free time to explore this amazing city, it was so old and flat, no high rises and the buildings were amazing. The whole town was filled with original art pieces, displayed in the open because they had so much art to offer. After about 4 hrs of walking, looking and constantly getting lost I gave in. I wanted to shop. The whole trip I did not step foot inside a clothing store. With about 2hrs to burn, I hit ZARA and walked away a very happy girl.

That night we had dinner at a Tuscany restaurant and it was delicious! It was 5 courses plus all you can drink red vino. I gave the red wine a past and bought myself a bottle of white (which was so good I finished more than ½ the bottle). After the dinner we hit this awesome bar where this one man belted out awesome classics from U2 to Sting. He even belted MAN DOWN UNDER, all the Aussies went crazy. The alcohol was so cheap, a jug of cocktail was only 20 Euros! Let’s just say most of the crew that night was very “happy”. After the bar we all went back on the bus for more partying, more dancing and people doing foolish things. Back at the hotel everyone hit the bar, the people there were extremely friendly and opened later just for us to drink.

I had a really good time in Florence and one day hope to return. Return for more exploring and venture to the country side.

Next destination… SWISS ALPS


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb