Don't worry, we'll come find you.


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Trentino Alto Adige » Trento
September 10th 2006
Published: September 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We hadn’t sorted out where we were going to stay for the next night or two, we had thought about going to Verona, so tried to find something there online. We couldn’t find anything so ended up deciding on going further North to a place called Trento. A decision I am glad we made. Brendon phoned up and booked us into the hostel there. We checked out of our Venice hotel and trained to Trento, the countryside was beautiful with lakes, mountains and vineyards everywhere. Kind of felt like we were somewhere around Queenstown or Wanaka back in NZ.

Once we got into Trento, we sat in a park opposite the hostel, waiting for it to re-open at 3pm, some Aussie girls were doing the same so we had a yarn to them. They were ok, but talked a fair amount of codshit, so me and Brendon decided we would try to avoid bumping into them again, I’m pretty sure one of them had her eye on Brendon. (Ha ha, unlucky Brendon). Anyway we managed to steer clear of the convicts, and had a look around the place, we stumbled across a festival of some sort in the main piazza. We watched an archery competition, and a flag throwing performance (This was quite skillful, with a group of guys hurling flags all over the show and then catching them). Trento is a university town, so we walked around a bit of the campus, before finding a place to have some carbonara. When we got back to the hostel we decided that the town was so nice that we would book another night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb